Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Magic


I woke up to nausea this morning and threw up a bunch lovely.
I dragged myself to school and wrote my english exam essay which I don't think went very well.
My friend got accepted into the university I wanted YAY but I'm a little anxious now pending my acceptance.

Tonight I watched Memoirs of a Geisha and fell in love with the beauty of the whole movie. Amazing music and senery and the story its self was so touching. A beauty hiding so much mystery. Sounds familiar
"Remember, Chiyo, geisha are not courtesans. And we are not wives. We sell our skills, not our bodies. We create another secret world, a place only of beauty. The very word "geisha" means artist and to be a geisha is to be judged as a moving work of art."
"She paints her face to hide her face. Her eyes are deep water. It is not for Geisha to want. It is not for geisha to feel. Geisha is an artist of the floating world. She dances, she sings. She entertains you, whatever you want. The rest is shadows, the rest is secret."
It is such a beautiful movie, I suggest you watch it.
Tomorrow I'm going to be skipping my classes.

goodbye as I listen to the soundtrack of my new found movie.

3 comments:

  1. Throwing up sucks, are you feeling any better than u were this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate throwing up:/ and I read the book Memoirs of a Geisha and I loved it but I haven't seen the movie, I should watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the DVD & the book, but I always skip the part where she almost has sex with the American soldier. Or does she? I don't remember. I really hated Pumpkin for that, I really did.

    ReplyDelete